Install a Service Pack while using impersonation
In AccountView, you are using the security setting Use Impersonation to Access Company Files and you want to install a Service Pack.
Because you are using this security setting, you need to follow the steps below to install a Service Pack. If in doubt, contact your Visma Software partner or system administrator.
- Start AccountView and log in with a user name that has full rights in AccountView.
- Select Options/Settings/Personal/Start, uncheck Select Last Used Company Again and click OK. When you have completed step 14, you can change the setting again if you wish.
- Select Help/About and note the folder shown after System Tables.
- Make sure that the Windows user who is logged in has full rights for the sys_vfp folder in the System Tables folder.
- Select Options/Settings/System/Access Sec and uncheck Use Impersonation to Access Company Files.
- Note the user name in the Impersonation User Name field.
- Find out what the user's password is. The user is defined in Windows. You cannot find out the user's password in AccountView. You must enter the user name and password in step 13.
- Select OK and close AccountView.
- Perform installation of the downloaded Service Pack and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Start AccountView and log in using the same user name as in step 1.
- Select Options/Settings/System/Access Sec and check Use Impersonation to Access Company Files.
- Clear the Impersonation User Name, Password and Confirmation fields.
- Enter values in the Impersonation User Name, Password and Confirmation fields and click OK.
- If the rights for the sys_vfp folder were changed in step 4, these must be restored.